Without realising, its already the end of the 2nd week of Ramadan. As usual every year, I have no plans to bake anything until I see mum and sis bake. Suddenly rasa semangat tu datang ar. Being the chocoholic that I am, when I open recipe books in search for kuih raya, any recipe that calls for ‘chocolate’, gets my attention. So today, I’ve decided to make Chocolate Rainbow Cookie, a recipe that I’ve tried a couple of times a few years back and menjadi.
I’m kind of staying away from anything cornflakes related coz I made too much of those last year and I want something else this time round for a change. Besides, it gives me the chance to upload the recipes as well. Seee… So its good for you as well. Win-win!
200g plain flour
70g custard powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
60g chocolate rice
75g castor sugar
250g dark chocolate
Hundreds & Thousands Sprinkles
1) Lightly sprinkle some flour on the baking tray. Preheat oven at 165’C.
2) Combine plain flour, custard powder, baking powder together and sift. Once sifted, add nestum and chocolate rice to the mixture. Set aside.
3) Beat butter and sugar till it turns white.
4) Add egg and continue to beat till well blended. It will turn to light, creamy mixture.
5) Add the flour mixture bit by bit to the butter mixture till it becomes a pliable dough.
6) Knead dough and use a cookie cutter to cut out the shape of your choice.
7) Bake for 20 minutes.
8) While waiting for cookie to cool off, melt dark chocolate using double boiling method (if you’re unsure, you can see the video here).
9) Dip half of your cookie into the melted chocolate and sprinkle hundreds & thousands on top of it.
And what do you know… You’ve successfully made Chocolate Rainbow Cookie!
I also made Choc Chip M&Ms Cookie today. Will upload it later. Stay tuned.