Kek Tapak Kuda Nutella
Source: Aini Salim Recipe Book (Can’t recall the title)
10 egg yolks
5 egg whites
225gm Castor Sugar
110gm Plain Flour or Top Flour (sifted together)
1/2 tsp Baking Powder (sifted together)
10g Ice-Cream Vanilla Powder (sifted together)
135ml Butter (melted)
1 tbsp Ovalette
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1 tsp Chocolate Emulco
1) Whip egg, castor sugar & ovalette until mixture has thickened and turn a pale yellow.
2) Add flour, baking powder and ice-cream vanilla powder into mixture until well blended.
3) Add melted butter and vanilla essence, beat again till well mixed.
4) Take 5 scoop of batter, add in chocolate emulco. Put the rest of the batter into piping bag.
5) Get ready 11x11x1 inch tray with greaseproof paper and spread some butter on it. Pour the chocolate mixture equally on both trays. And pipe the rest of the batter equally on both of the tray on top of the chocolate mixture.
6) Bake in the oven at 170’C for about 15-20 minutes.
Leave it to cool for a short while.
7) Remove cake from tray. Layer it with nutella and bend it into two.
8) Cover it with greaseproof paper and keep it in the fridge.
Tips: the reason why you use the piping bag for the rest of the batter is to prevent the chocolate and white batter from mixing together.
Don’t wait for the cake to cool off for too long, otherwise it will crack when you try to bend it into two. To be honest, that was what happened to mine, that’s why you don’t exactly see the shape of horse hoof but more like layer cake because I cut away the cracked portion….
While I was busy with the cake, mum was busy making pineapple tarts… Whole house smells nice with all the baking….